Bridge with Beauchamp’s 3rd tour to Japan from 28 March to 6 April, 2016: Anita (David’s wife) speaks Japanese and will coordinate sightseeing during the day. David Beauchamp (a leading Sydney teacher) will present a 2 hour bridge workshop in Kyoto and we will play in a duplicate session at Yotsuya Bridge Club in Tokyo. There are also free days/half days for you to explore each city by yourself or with tour leaders.
COST: approximately $3,750 per person (twin share per person – land cost only) includes:
– 1 bridge session at a Tokyo bridge club
– a 2 hour bridge workshop with David in Kyoto
– 3 nights in Tokyo (Shinjuku Keio Plaza Hotel – 4 star)
– 4 nights in Kyoto (New Miyako Hotel or similar – 4 star)
– 2 nights in Kanazawa (Hakuchoro Hotel or similar – 4 star)
– 4 dinners including one traditional Japanese banquet; all breakfasts
– Welcome/farewell drinks
– Day trips to Kamakura (Big Buddha); Miyajima Island (world heritage area) & Hiroshima
– All transportation: 1 week JR Rail pass – bullet trains, buses, ferries, cable car
– Entry fees to attractions visited: traditional park in Tokyo; 3 temples in Kyoto; Itsukushima shrine – Miyajima Island. Kenrokuen Garden-Kanazawa.
– 8% consumption tax & service charges in Japan
We welcome bridge players of all standards (non-bridge players too!)
Please note that single rooms attract a supplement of approximately $1,000.
Go to “Past Holidays” for previous Japan report & photos.
For more information and the proposed itinerary, contact Anita: email@example.com or phone 0405 449767.